This is a Website maintained by All India BSNL Pensioners' Welfare Association for the benefit of Pensioners Society in general and BSNL Pensioners in particular.
AIBSNLPWA was formed by the united will and strong determination of more than 500 BSNL pensioners from all parts of India assembled in a national convention at Chennai on 20th August 2009. This new organisation was established without any political/regional/cadre/caste bias by the people who were in different unions while they were in BSNL service.
The immediate target for launching this All India Organisation of BSNL Pensioners was pension revision of those who retired from BSNL before 1-1-2007. This most important issue was igonored by all the service organisations and major Central Govt. Pensioners' Organisations. Ofcourse, it was not thier fault. The Service organisations in BSNL were preoccupied with membership verification, recognition, pay revision etc.etc. Central service Pensioners Organisations treated BSNL retirees as Public Sector Pensioners and expcted them face their fate alongwith other PSE pensioners.
AIBSNLPWA took up the issue of pension revision with all seriousness, presented the case with solid and valid arguements and finally achieved it when the Central Cabinet took a formal decision on 20th January 2011 to revise the pension with same fitment formula applied for pay revision of BSNL staff. The 60,000 and odd pensioners got financial benefits amounting more than Rs 900 crore.
Today, AIBSNLPWA has branches in all the Telecom Circles in India and more than 200 SSAs. .
Any BSNL pensioner can become a Life Member of this Association by paying Rs 1000, or an ordinary member by remitting Rs 100 every year. Membership is through SSA Unit only.
AIBSNLPWA publishes a quarterly journal (January, April, July and October). The Subscription rates are: Life time Subscrfiption: Rs 500 per copy. Yearly Subscription: Rs 50 per copy per year.
The amount may be sent to Treasurer Sri S. Gunasekaran, H No. 351A, Ramalingam Colony, C Block, Ponniamman medu, Chennai 600110. The amount can be deposited on-line in the SB account of the Association also. The Particulars to be given to the bank while transferring online are:
Name of Recepient: AIBSNLPWA
SB A/C No: 671009217818
Name of Bank: State Bank of Travancore
Branch: Chennai Anna Nagar (West)
IFS Code of the Branch: SBTR 0000530
CONSTITUTION OF AIBSNLPWA
1. Name: Name of the Society shall be ALL INDIA BSNL PENSIONERS’ WELFARE ASSOCIATION, hereinafter called the Association.
2. Jurisdiction: The jurisdiction of the Association shall be whole of India.
3. Headquarters: The Headquarters of the Association shall be at B-1, 2nd Floor, 3/2 Srinivasa Avenue Road, R A Puram, Chennai 600028.
4. Aims and Objects: The aims and objects of the Association shall be:
(a) To promote, protect and safeguard the interests and welfare of persons retired from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited as well as Department of Telecom and their family members without any political or communal or regional or cadre bias.
(b) To work in unison/coordination with the organizations with similar aims and objects for the overall well-being of the pensioner community in the country.
(c) To work in close and live contact with service organizations of BSNL staff.
(d) To redress the grievances of members of the Association resorting to appropriate action, including legal.
(e) To run journal/journals for projecting the issues concerning BSNL retirees and central government service pensioners in particular and senior citizens in general.
(f) To establish, maintain and run old age homes etc. for the needy and to undertake such other charitable and welfare activities.
(a) No person who has not retired from the service of the BSNL or the erstwhile Department of Telecom shall be eligible to become member of the Association. A retired BSNL/DOT employee shall be admitted as a member of the Association on payment of Rupees Ten (Rs.10.00) as Admission Fee alongwith the Membership subscription which shall be Rs 100( Rupes One hundred) for an year or Rs 1000 (Rupees One thousand) for life time.
(b) Members in default shall have no right to participate in the meetings or elections without clearing the arrears up to date.
(c) Cessation of Membership: A person shall cease to be a member of the Association by resignation, death , disqualification, insolvency or liquidation of for non-attending without taking leave for absence three consecutive meetings of the general body/Committee as the case may be. Such member who is disqualified and expelled from the Association can be readmitted as member by the Circle Conference/All India Conference on receiving a formal request from the concerned person.
6. Eligibility to become Office-bearers: No person who is not a member of the Association shall be eligible to become office-bearer, except Patron and Advisor, of the Association at National level.
7. Organizational Set-up: The Association shall have the following organizational set-up at the national, circle and district levels:
(a) National level: All India Conference and Central Working Committee.
The All India Conference shall comprise of the members of Central Executive Committee and the delegates from District Units. The All India Conference shall be the Supreme Body of All India BSNL Pensioners’ Welfare Association. The Central Working Committee shall comprise of the following Central Office-Bearers elected by the previous All India Conference and Circle Secretaries:
One General Secretary.
One Deputy General Secretary
Assistant General Secretaries.
(Total number shall not exceed 25)
The Central Working Committee shall have the power to appoint Editor /Editors of the journal/journals published by the Assocition and to nominate Patrons or Advisors.
(b) Circle Level: Circle Conference and Circle Executive Committee:
The Circle Conference shall comprise of the members of Circle Executive Committee and delegates from District Units. The Circle Executive Committee shall comprise of the following Circle office-bearers elected by the previous Circle Conference and the District Secretaries of the Circle:
One Circle Secretary.
Assistant Circle Secretaries.
(Total number shall not exceed 25)
( c) District Level: General Body and District Committee:
The District General Body shall comprise of all the members of the Association in the respective district and the members of District Committee. The District Committee shall comprise of the following office-bearers elected by the previous district general body:
One District Secretary.
Asst. District Secretaries.
(Total number shall not exceed 25)
The District Unit shall be the base unit of the Association. However, the District Committee can, subject to ratification by the next General Body meeting, form Area Committees for better and effective functioning of the organization. The jurisdiction of such Area Committees and the allocation of funds shall be decided by the District Committee.
8(a). Delegates: Number of Delegates from District Units shall be One Delegate for every fifty members or part thereof for All India Conference and One Delegate for every Twentyfive members or part thereof for Circle Conference.
(b). Voting Strength: In the Conferences and meetings of Committees, Committee Members and Delegates shall have one vote each, except for the purpose of election of office-bearers. For election of office-bearers the voting strength shall be as follows:
(i) The voting strength of the Office-bearers in the All India Conference/Circle Conference shall be restricted to 10% of the total voting strength of the Conference subject to a maximum of one vote for each office-bearer. The person presiding over the meeting shall have casting vote in addition to his normal vote.
(ii) Delegates from a District Unit to the All India Conference shall share equally the votes allotted to the Unit at the ratio of one vote for fifty members. In no case, the voting strength of a delegate shall exceed one vote.
(iii) Delegates from a District Unit to the Circle Conference shall share equally the votes allotted to the Unit at the ratio of one vote for twentyfive members. In no case, the voting strength of a delegate shall exceed one vote.
(iv) In the General Body of District Unit every participant has one vote.
9. Duties and Responsibilities of Office-bearers:
(i) President: He shall have overall supervision of the affairs of the Association at the respective level and shall preside over the meetings.
(ii) Vice Presidents: They shall assist the President in his/her functions and one of them shall preside over the meetings in the absence of President.
(iii) General Secretary: He shall be the Chief Executive and responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the Association. He shall convene the meetings of All India Conference and Central Working Committee. He shall be the custodian of all the properties belonging to the Association at the national level.
(iv) Deputy General Secretary: He shall assist the General Secretary in his functioning and shall act as General Secretary in the absence of the General Secretary.
(v) Assistant General Secretaries: They shall assist the General Secretary in his functioning and shall also discharge other duties assigned to them by the General Secretary.
(vi) Treasurer: He shall be responsible to maintain the accounts and to present the audited accounts of the Association in the conference. He is the custodian of funds. He shall operate the Bank/Post Office accounts of the Association jointly with the General Secretary.
(vii) Assistant Treasurer: He shall assist the Treasurer in his functioning and act as Treasurer in the absence of the Treasurer.
Note: The duties and responsibilities mentioned above shall be applicable to Office-Bearers at different levels mutatis mutandis.
10. Funds: Funds of the Association shall be the subscription/donations from the members as well as any financial aid received from the government. The funds shall be deposited in Post Office Savings Bank or in any nationalized bank as may be fixed by the respective committee and shall be jointly operated by the Secretary and Treasurer. The subscription collected by District Units shall be apportioned as specified in Article 11 of this Constitution. The Admission Fee collected from members shall be retained by District Unit.
11. Quota: 25% of Membership subscription received from the Members shall be remitted to Central Headquarters and another 25% shall be remitted to the Circle Unit by the District Units. The paid-up membership of a district unit shall be determined based on quota for the respective financial year received by the Central/Circle Headquarters before 31st March of every year. General Secretary or the Circle Secretary has the power to declare any branch as defunct which has not remittd any quota to the CHQ/Circle as the case may be, during the previous financial year.
12. Accounting Year: The Accounting year of the Association shall be from 1st April to 31st March next year.
13. Audit: The Accounts of the Association shall be audited by a Chartered Accountant at the national level and by a person nominated by the conference at other levels.
(a) The All India Conference shall meet at least once in three years. A notice for the same shall be issued by General Secretary at least 45 days in advance.
(b) The Central Working Committee shall meet at least once in a year. A notice for the same shall be issued by General Secretary at least 30 days in advance. For emergent meetings a notice shall be issued 15 days in advance.
( c) The Circle Conference shall meet once in two years at least and a notice for the same shall be issued by Circle Secretary 30 days in advance.
(d) The Circle Executive Committee shall meet once in six months at least and a notice for the same shall be issued by Circle Secretary 15 days in advance.
(e) The General Body meeting of the district unit shall be held at least once in six months and the election of office-bearers shall be held once in two years. A notice for the same shall be issued by the District Secretary 15 days in advance.
(f) The meeting of District Committee shall be held atleast once in three months for which a notice shall be issued by District Secretary 10 days in advance.
15. Quorum for meetings: The required quorum for the meetings shall be as follows:
All India Conference: 50% of Central Working Committee Members and one fourth of the Delegates eligible to attend, provided 50% of circles represented..
Central Working Committee: Half of the members of the Committee.
Circle Conference: 50% of Circle Executive Committee members and one third of the Delegates eligible to attend provided 50% of SSA Units represented
Circle Executive Committee: Half of the members of the Committee.
District General Body: One fourth of the members in the District and 50% of the Office-Bearers.
District Committee: Half of the office-bearers.
Note: Adjourned meeting shall have no quorum limit.
16. Disciplinary Action: Disciplinary action can be taken against any member of the Association for anti-national activities, anti-organizational activities or moral turpitude after issuing notice to the concerned member. The powers vested with authorities at different level for taking disciplinary action shall be as follows:
(a) The District General Body has the power to take any disciplinary action, except expulsion from the primary membership of the Association, against any member in the District.
(b) The District Committee, in between two meetings of the General Body, has the power to take any disciplinary action, except expulsion from the primary membership of the Association, against any member in the District. Such decision shall be placed before the next General Body meeting for ratification.
(c) The Circle Conference has the power to take any disciplinary action, including expulsion from the primary membership of the Association, against any office-bearer or member in the Circle.
(d) The Circle Executive Committee has the power to take any disciplinary action, except expulsion from the membership of the Association, against any of its members.
(e) The Central Working Committee has, in between two All India Conferences, the power to take any disciplinary action, except expulsion from the primary membership of the Association, against any member or office-bearer at any level, subject to ratification by the next All India Conference.
(f) The All India Conference has the power to take any disciplinary action against any office-bearer or any member of the Association.
Notes: (i) The conference/committee at a particular level shall have no power to take disciplinary action against a person holding any post of office-bearer of the Association at its higher level.
(ii) Appeal against a disciplinary action shall be filed before the next higher level Conference. The All India Conference shall be the final appellate authority.
17. Strength of the Governing Body: The minimum number of members in the Governing Body at every level shall be fifteen and the maximum shall be twentyfive. Secret ballot shall be mode of election in case of contest.
18. Term Office and Filling up of vacancy: The term of the office of Governing Body shall be from Conference to Conference as prescribed in Article 14 of this Constitution. Any vacancy in the governing body due to death, resignation or any other reason shall be filled up by the remaining members of the Body for the balance term.
19 Income not to Revert:The income of the Association from its property of donations or membership subscription derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Association as set out in its Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly to the persons who at any time are or have been members of the society or any person claiming through any of them.
20. Exclusion of Personal Responsibility: No member of the Governing Body shall be answerable or personally liable for any loss arising from the administration or application of the funds and properties of the Association unless such loss or damage is caused through willful default or breach of trust or culpable negligence on his part.
21. Legal proceedings: The Association may sue or be sued in the name of its General Secretary as required under Section 6 of SR Act of 1955.
22. Affiliation: The Association shall be affiliated to a national level apex body of Pensioners’ Associations, as decided by the Central Working Committee.
23. Dissolution: In case the All India BSNL Pensioners’ Welfare Association happens to be dissolved, its assets and funds shall, under any circumstances, not be distributed amongst its members, but shall, after meeting the liabilities, be transferred to any Association/Organization with similar aims and objects or to the Government, as decided by the All India Conference.
24. Amendment to the Constitution: This Constitution shall be amended only by the All India Conference supported by two third members present in the Conference. Any such amendment proposed to be moved in the Conference shall be notified atleast one month in advance.
25. Interpretation:The Central Working Committee shall have the power to interpret this Constitution, if needed, keeping in view the aims and objects of the Association.
[As amended by the Jaipur Al India Conference, held in October 2012.]